This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
Starting from the top of this Digital/Agile transformation, this organisation is looking for a Data Architect to operate in an Agile environment and communicate with a diverse group of Stakeholders on a permanent basis. The role defines how data will be stored, accessed, integrated and managed by different data entities, applications and IT systems.
As the Data Architect you will be responsible for; the development of information management standards and practices; defining the data model; assisting in implementation and management of the model in the data warehouse; and the design of the integration of source system data into the data warehouse.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Architect data platforms including coordinating data lakes and data warehouse.
- Understand insights from structured and unstructured data, from multiple SaaS and on premises environments.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the information management requirements across all systems.
- Be responsible for the accessibility, retrievability, security, quality, retention and ethical handling of specific subsets of data.
- Enable the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data and metadata structures and protection measures.
- Contribute and support improvements to enterprise information solutions such as master data management, meta data management, analytics, content management and data integration.
- Ensure effective plans are in place for data storage, sharing and publishing within the organisation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Sound experience as a Data or Information Architect in end-to-end enterprise solution planning, design and delivery.
- Experience in producing prototypes, data models for complex data sets and exposure to different data platforms.
- Experience in information and data architecture, information analysis, data warehouse, data design and application requirements analysis.
This is a rare permanent opportunity to be part of a large and ongoing transformation with an organisation that is very visible and touches many aspects of everyday life. For your efforts you'll enjoy a great work life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are ready for a change and tired of the Sydney commute this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.