Location: Ultimo, Sydney CBD
Duration: 3 months contract with extension possibility until Dec 2018
The Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for leading and driving the development, implementation and operation of CLIENT'S property related asset management system, data analysis and reporting function to optimise asset management efficiency, improve performance and inform strategic asset management planning and decision making.
- Manage, maintain and develop all aspects of CLIENT'S property related asset information databases, registers and management systems including CLIENT's contribution to whole of government asset information requirements.
- Review and stabilise current asset knowledge data bases and maintain user services including residual manual systems for data management and reporting in preparation for transition to an enhanced digital solution.
- Lead and manage organisational transition to a new comprehensive and integrated asset management system through effective project and change management.
- Research and develop options for implementation of a new asset management system, identifying user, operational and system requirements ensuring future asset management solutions incorporate features and functionality to best support CLIENT's needs including multiple user access, real time data updates, user friendly reporting and integration with other systems such as the GIS.
- Ensure optimal utilisation and benefits to users of current and future asset information databases and systems by documenting processes and facilitating a range of support including procedure manuals, training and acting as a specialist contact point for assistance and issues management.
- Coordinate, undertake and monitor the accurate input, maintenance and update of information to asset databases, registers and the asset management system ensuring data meets operational, managerial, legislative and compliance requirements. This includes maintaining interfaces to other corporate databases such as Fixed Asset Register.
- Produce routine and customised reports, analysis, and modelling to facilitating informed decision making and supporting a range of purposes including property related audits, compliance, financial management, operational performance and maintenance.
- Manage procurement and ongoing relationship with asset management system service provider including systems maintenance and upgrades.
- Establish sound governance systems and tools including policies, guidelines and tools to ensure data integrity, user controls, effective risk management, contingency planning and delivery of outcomes that meet intended purpose.
- Develop performance goals and apply effective evaluation skills to monitor and report on effectiveness of the property related asset management information function, recommending on and implementing continual improvement strategies.
- Provide advice to senior management on asset management information, analysis and reporting related issues, resolutions and strategies to continually improve and enhance benefits in costs, efficiencies and quality outcomes.
- Reflect CLIENT's values in the way you work and abide by policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment.
- Place the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- Work with the Line Manager to develop and review meaningful performance management and development plans.
- Implementing new integrated digital asset management system while delivering and maintaining required level of services using existing disparate and manual systems.
- Ensuring data integrity and credibility in data information records reliant on accurate and timely input within limited resources.
- Working across a wide geographic area and managing the expectations of numerous stakeholders with conflicting priorities and expectations.