Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced and strategic Data Analytics Lead. The successful candidate will play an integral part in building analytics models and will have a key role in improving our client's products and business decisions, by making the most out of their data.
This a 12 month contract role with possible extension options, working in Canberra's south.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Gather, understand and interpret information from many sources; understanding the relationships between various data sets and the limitations of each set.
- Lead data mining/collection procedures, ensure data quality/integrity, interpret/analyse data problems and test performance of data-driven products
- Build analytic systems/predictive models, visualize data and create reports
- Provide strategic support to the section to deliver quality reporting and analytics services that are efficient, effective and in line with Agency objectives.
- Data Standards Definition: Work with the team to define and document the Data Model as a data standard, and its cross-functional alignment by domain to Agency business functions.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of Python, R, SQL, VBA, Advanced Excel/Access and Machine Learning
- Sound knowledge of data management and visualization techniques to tell a compelling story and a knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling.
- Demonstrated experience in extracting & manipulating data from large repositories using SQL and Power BI.
- Experience using data and insights to shape strategy and improve customer experience.
- Experience developing an organisation wide Data Analytics and Insights Strategy from inception to implementation and leading the definition of data requirements and infrastructure is highly desirable
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 195657.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.