Our Federal Government Client is seeking experienced Data Analysts.
This is a long-term contract until 30 June 2022 with 2 x 12 extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Performing data interrogation, validation, dash boarding and modelling using efficient and effective SQL;
- Producing analytical work that is customer focused;
- Discovering trends, patterns and stories told by the data, structured and unstructured, and presenting them to stakeholders;
- Leveraging new open data sources and extracting further value from existing data;
- Producing creative data visualizations and intuitive graphics to presenting complex analytics;
- Working with IT teams, management and/or data scientists to determine organisational goals;
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources;
- Cleaning and pruning data to discard irrelevant information;
- Analysing and interpreting results using standard statistical tools and techniques;
- Pinpointing trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets;
- Identifying new opportunities for process improvement;
- Providing concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management;
- Triaging code problems and data-related issues;
- Building or designing data input or data collection screens;
- Applying data quality techniques to cleanse data and providing feedback for ETL / data quality solutions.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- At least five (5) years previous experience working as a Data Analyst
- Demonstrated ability to work with IT teams, management and/or data scientists to determine organisational goals
- Experience with mining data from primary and secondary sources
- Ability to clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Experience with analysing and interpreting results using standard statistical tools and techniques
- Ability to pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets
- Ability to triage code problems and data-related issues as well as identifying new opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to provide concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, the selected candidate must be an Australian citizen with the ability to secure a Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #243609
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.