The Senior IT Data Analyst will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and project team (including vendor resources), business and IT Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Architects and Business Analysts
Role Senior Data Business Analyst
Duration: 6 months + 3 months
Location: Sydney CBD
Start date: Mid to end of October.
Role is open to Australian Citizens only and will require an internal security clearance after the interview.
The Senior IT Data Analyst's role is to take key responsibility for the variety of analysis tasks required to bring Data Driven projects to successful completion. This includes but not limited to high level and detailed requirements elicitation, analysis and management, enterprise analysis and modelling, solution assessment and validation, functional and non-functional requirements elicitation and analysis. Also, translation of business requirements to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Minimum of five years (as a guide) in an IT Business Analyst/Data Analyst position working on reporting and data analytics
- Knowledge and skills sets associated with data analysis, data modelling, data profiling, cleansing and migration activities is essential.
- Experience in working with external vendors to implement, configure, and deploy commercial off the shelf systems is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of technologies such as SAS, Java, Siebel/Oracle fusion DB2, Cognos and Data Warehouse is desirable.
- Experience gained in the markets and/or financial sector is desirable.
- Good knowledge in developing data mapping rules, implementing, and testing these rules in solutions.