Data Analyst will be responsible for the mapping, modelling, analyzing and improving internal processes within the Reporting, Analytics and Performance Team with a focus on these Internal Reviews. Particular focus will be on the creation and maintenance of off system business solutions to resolve reporting and workflow gaps as well as providing regular branch reports for internal and external audiences. You will be part of a team tasked to map and improve current data analytics and reporting processes assist with the design of new processes, as improvements to the Branch are identified and implemented.
- Preparing consistent, accurate and timely reports on performance, trends and workload management within a fast paced environment.
- Providing qualitative and quantitative analysis on reports that are meaningful, reliable and relevant to branch strategic outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities using data to identify trends and improve efficiency of the process to enhance Branch performance and the participant experience.
- Interpreting data for operational information and reporting purposes to support business areas where appropriate
- Enhancement and continued development of automated reporting to streamline work allocations.
- Engaging with business areas to identify opportunities for data reporting to improve performance and work allocation.
- Supporting business areas to document and refine operating procedures and processes for recording and maintaining data.
- Undertaking ad hoc date reporting/analysis requested in responses to support Ministerial requests within tight timeframes.
Skills and Personal Attributes
Contemporary attitude to disability
Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability.
Understanding and knowledge of disability and its impact on individuals.
Experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
Advanced competency in data management/reporting with advanced skills and expertise in MS Access and MS Excel including ability to build statistical reports
High level competency with relational database management IT systems.
Experience/ background in analytics and turning data into information.
Adaptable communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
Able to engage in negotiation if dealing with external providers.
Highly Desirable - extensive experience in using Microsoft Access and Excel
Desirable - experience in working with SQL, SAS, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS HANNA
Entry Level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.