Our client is a leading established and reputable brand that makes and distributes software solutions for a rapid changing retail world. They provide a complete process & system solution covering all areas of the business from accounting solutions through to sales, CRM and much more.
Evolving from a very traditional of on-premises solution, transitioning to a more modern and essential web/mobile solution. To aid their transformation they need to hire a team of people.
Initial contracts will be for 12 months, the project is in infancy and is expected to run for approximately 24-48 months.
Their data team based in Parramatta is looking for an experienced Data Analyst.
The Data Analyst will take responsibility for managing the exporting of data from the applications to a data warehouse for business intelligence, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
In this role, the Data Analyst will be:
- Managing the export of BI data extracts from our application.
- Provide quality assurance of exported, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
To be considered for thsi role:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
If you feel you can hit the ground running, please click 'apply now'
For more information about this role, please call Meg Geronimo at 8267 4600 quoting job# 214658