Role: Data Analyst (data modelling)
Duration: 6 months rolling contract
Reporting Line: Data Quality Management PM
Pay Rate to Candidate: $600 - $700 per day + superannuation
About the role.:
The Master Data Analyst is responsible for monitoring, analysing and quality assuring, complex and intricate master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization. Accountable for the governance around master data management processes, the position will develop and document significant and key data procedures in order to ensure ongoing data integrity and quality.
- Extensive experience in a data analytics role with experience in data modelling and data analysis tools (including a knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server).
- High-level skills in presentation, analysis, negotiation and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate ICT information effectively with non-technical business and technical users.
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the Position Description.
- Undertake detailed analysis of complex and diverse information management requirements across all systems, platforms and applications to recommend evidence-based strategies in line with the Enterprise Architectural Plan.
- Based on the results of detailed analysis, contribute observations, recommendations and presentations that will guide the development of information management standards in line with the Enterprise Architectural Plan.
- Engage closely with the business / IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
- Identify areas for master data quality improvement and subsequently formulate strategies and activities to enable the improvement and resolution of data quality issues.
- Develop and document processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance of master data integrity.
- Utilise sound project management methodologies and practices to ensure smooth passage of all data improvement initiatives.
- Ensure maintenance of master data integrity in key systems and maintain processes to support data quality.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implement data controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise master data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Validate and ensure that data quality protocols and information standards are complied with in order to ensure a clean data environment.
- Place the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- Work with the Line Manager to develop and review meaningful performance management and development plans