Title: Cyber Specialist
Contract: 12 Months
The role operates within a small team of cyber specialists and is accountable for organising their workflow and making independent decisions relating to their area of responsibility.
The position will:
- Provide cyber security advice within an assigned area of specialisation.
- Assess, analyse and document risk and impact from a cyber perspective.
- Make recommendations to the business on risk reduction in relation assessed technologies and cyber security in general.
- Providing cyber security governance, risk and assurance advice and formal security assessments
- Supporting the development of effective security policies and process.
- Internal and external stakeholder management.
- Maintaining an awareness of current cyber threats.
- Conducting Risk and Impact Assessments of current and potential ICT systems and services.
- Investigating and reporting potential security incidents, supporting remediation activities and creating post-incident reports.
- Focussing on vulnerability management and remediation planning for ICT systems and services.
- Providing Cyber support to Freedom of Information (FOI) and Royal Commission investigations.
- Contribute to the development of Cyber security awareness across the Agency.
- Coordinating the Risk Register.
- Ensure quality outputs for a team including the development of specialist, professional and/or technical expertise. Conduct regular quality assurance of work area processes and manage identified risks.
- Assist in strategic planning, program and project management and/or policy development for the work area.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the role and functions of the agency and an understanding of how these relate to a work area.
- Monitor related emerging issues, identifying impact and conducting risk management activities within sphere of responsibility.
- Work with independence, subject to limited direction against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes. Make decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, under limited guidance. Ensure decisions are governed by the application of regulations, best practice principles or the agency's operating instructions and procedures.
- Perform research and analysis to make decisions that involve complex or escalated issues, longer-term planning and liaison with other sections on policy, project or operational issues.
- Anticipate and respond to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Represent the agency by promoting its interests at community and cross-agency levels.
For more information or to apply, please contact Pragna Katta on 61 2 6245 1706 quoting Job Reference: 244248