Our client, a large international consultancy, is seeking a Cyber Security Operations Engineer to work onsite with their client in Melbourne, a national Telco business.
You will be joining an existing team and will be required to take part in leading and developing applicaitons for a national Australian business.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
The Cyber Security Operations Engineer is a highly skilled technical role within a Cyber Security Team. The role supports the automation of security processes including threat intelligence, threat management and cyber incident response. The role must:
- Provide input to mature the Cyber Defence capability
- Be self-directed in day-to-day activities and able to flex between various skill sets.
- Work collaboratively within the Cyber Security Operations team and with DevOps engineers, that may sit outside the security team, to deploy, maintain and operate Cyber Defence systems.
- Collaborate effectively with local or remote teams
The role will by technical and highly skilled with key competencies in the following:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of operating systems, networking, web and API deployments.
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in automation tooling for active and automated testing
- Good knowledge of container platform such as Docker
- Knowledge in AWS infrastructure
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of system administration and Linux/UNIX operating systems core concepts.
- Standing up new tools as directed or to solve specific problems
- Operational support, monitor capacity requirements and roll out updates to developments
- Automate build/test/package/publish
- Automate deployment
- Document and maintain development functionality
- Ensure development codes comply with coding standards and follow the full lifecycle software development and pass testing
- Grow the agile development environment by introducing new technologies, related tools & techniques
- Find new ways of doing things that are better and show them off / change minds
- Bring new technologies that you are interested in and show us why we should use them and what problems they solve
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting: 190164 or please click the apply button.