- Government agency
- Long term contract
- Parramatta, Homebush or WFH
Our client is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join their IT team. The team is responsible for uplifting the maturity of the Cyber Security services which protect the organisation in the context of this once in a generation technology refresh.
- Build solution components, including installation and evaluation of the solutions, allowing for prioritized feature delivery pipeline or as a phased program delivery approach as necessary whilst complying with standards.
- Work with the project Security Solutions Architect to understand the defined solutions, identify possible quality faults or delivery impediments and implement the defined solution as described.
- Analyse the technical solution blueprint and ensure the delivered solution meets the defined service objectives
- Document current solution "as-built" and note any future state requirements or solution gaps (technical debt).
- The role will be focused on the build of Cyber Security services to support NSWPF enterprise business systems and will require the successful candidate to perform the following activities: Implement the solutions described in the defined solution documents
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, vendors and architects to deploy solutions across the technology domains including:
- User Security, including MFA, UBA, Identity Federation, PIM, PAM
- Device Security, including Mobility, Wearables, IoT as well as Desktop, and encompassing defences such as EDR, ATP, MDM
- Network and Transport Security, including Firewalls, Network Zone Model, Layer 7 technologies, email, http, API management, …
- Data Security, including CASB, Encryption, Secrets Management, DLP, …
- Proven experience as a Cyber Security Engineer gained across several larger organisations (>5,000 users) with a complex technology footprint;
- Aptitude to understand, build and test technical solutions
- Aptitude to develop service level indicators and integrate SIEM
- Previously worked at a senior level within defined solution designs and implemented complex solution environments
- Ability to implement complex solutions to achieve an agreed service outcome
- Appropriate Industry experience and certifications
- Experience in integrating internal Identity management including privileged access management (Administration functions)
- Experience with controlling and restricting resource groups based on required functions
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Computer Sciences / Information Technology and Management disciplines, or equivalent industry experience
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearances for this position
- Direct experience in Cyber Security technologies and processes - in any or all of the following domains - User, Device, Network & Transport, Systems or Information Security.
- Experience in building to ISM based systems at PROTECTED level
- Experience in building solutions and deployments using modern approaches including Agile, DevSecOps, SRE, delivered via Outsourced or Inhouse, and operated as "Products" with defined "Service Outcomes" as defined by Service Level Indicators and Objectives
- Understanding of modern cyber security threats and technologies and processes to mitigate them
- Ability to build technology using the latest cloud innovations including SaaS, PaaS and on-premises technologies with a background in either AWS or Azure services being considered an advantage.
- Windows and Linux
- Splunk (as SIEM)
Applications close 28th Jan
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Reference: 208 909