ACSC is working with critical infrastructure owners and operators to understand and uplift their cyber security and working with Australian Government agencies to strengthen their cyber security and implement the ACSC's Essential Eight mitigation strategies. The work will be informed and supported by the ACSC's ongoing technical cyber security advice and guidance.
The Cyber Security Assessor's major responsibilities include:
- Develop security compliance processes and/or audits for external services.
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls.
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk management strategy.
- Verify that application software/network/ system security postures are implemented as stated, document deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations.
- Participate in Risk Governance processes to provide security risk, mitigations and input on other technical risk.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experienced in performing security compliance audits and assessments of external services utilising a broad range of industry standard frameworks (e.g. ISO/IEC 27001:2013, NIST SP 8800-53 (Rev. 4), CIS CSC (v7.1), COBIT 5, C2M2).
- Experienced in performing security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommended mitigations to address security risk and compliance deficiencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data.
- Knowledge of Critical Information systems with information communication technology that were designed without security considerations.
- Experienced in technical writing, including developing and editing of assessment products.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must have minimum NV1 security clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 207641
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.