About the Company
Our Client is a Australian Household name, and a leading Enterise in the Telco sector.
Our Client is committed to Acknowledging the First Nations Peoples of Australia, as Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land and waters. Australia's First Peoples are the oldest continuous culture on the planet. We humbly pay respects to their Elders past and present.
We are building a community of people who are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work
About the role
As Cyber Incident Response Specialist, you will deliver the strategy for a SOC coverage of Belong's infrastructure and then build it.
The role includes being available for on-call after hours support. You will be a critical part of the team, owning the strategy, implementation, and operation of our Clients SOC strategy. This is a key role in the security operations program.
- Lead Security Incident response, management and remediation activies
- Provide clear and concise security advice.
- Monitoring the security of users, systems, and applications.
- Prevention, detection, and response to security threats.
- Creating and managing procedures.
- Integration of security systems with other tools.
Skills and experience
- Incident Response expertise
- Experience leading the direction of a SOC
- Strategy building - the ability to communicate a strategy with clear reasoning
- Experience using logging platforms such as Splunk and New Relic
- Ability to analyse logs from various sources (i.e. Operating system, application, network level events)
- Experience writing security signatures
- Knowledge of cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD environments
- Programming languages such as Python are ideal, as is cloud formation, serverless and "infrastructure as source" type patterns.
- Capacity to provide clear and concise security advice
- Ability to manage expectations and prioritize initiatives based on potential gains and alignment with business goals
- Exceptional analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with other technical teams
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Neal on 0380807217 quoting reference 214411
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.