This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
* To Engage the community in the development and delivery of actions aligned with the Community Strategic Plan
* To Coordinate the approach to economic growth within the region including promotion of the city's major events.
* Ensure clear, transparent and responsive communications between the client and employees, and all external stakeholders, the Newcastle Community.
* Provide effective IT Systems & Strategies to ensure the efficient flow of information between CN Service Units whilst also ensuring CN is leveraging the benefits of technology in its service provision.
* coordinate and develop the computing environment, ensuring adequate IT service and support is in place across all directorates.
* The Customer Service Partner will enable the delivery of high-quality service to end users, and to ensure service processes are in place. As CN moves to an Agile environment, this role acts as a champion for cultural change to enhance technology capabilities within the City of Newcastle in line with the 2030 strategic vision. :
* Own the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
* Monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
* Coordinate and develop CN's computing environment, ensuring optimal up time and accessibility.
* Monitor technological developments and identify any opportunities for CN to increase service delivery and achieve cost efficiencies.
* Maintain all documentation for deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and problem resolution activities.
* Work closely with teams drawn from other parts of the organisation as required, to resolve requirements and issues relating to project delivery
* Manage external service providers and internal service units
* Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance.
* Perform root cause analysis of infrastructure problems and develop resolution plans.
* Ensure service asset and configuration items are properly controlled and accurate, and that reliable information about these assets is available when needed. responsible for the day to day identification and management of IT Security issues for the organisation.
* Assure adherence to recognised IT best practice principles such as release and change management.
* Develop tender specifications and documentation through to contract management.
* Coordinate the lifecycle management of all IT Assets including purchasing, deployment and disposal.
* Manage a significant component of the Information Technology budget approved by CN.
* Any other accountabilities or duties as directed by Supervisor / Manager which are within the employee's skill, competence and training.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
* Experience in an IT customer service environment
* Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex issues
* Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and their application in an IT project environment.
* Experience in completing assigned tasks on-time and to a high level of quality, with minimal supervision.
* Ability to understand business requirements and any technical limitations.
* Experience defining and managing service level agreements with vendors.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organisation.
* Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions.
* Demonstrates the values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high performance culture.
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Project Management qualification.
* SCRUM certification.
* ITIL certification
If interested in this role or For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Bissitt on Richard.Bissitt@peoplebank.com.au>quoting reference 197315