Service Desk Consultants will be responsible for taking ownership E2E process and coordinate appropriate and timely responses to service requests and incidents sent to the Service Desk, including escalating requests for assistance to the appropriate resolver groups for troubleshooting, monitoring and resolution. The Service Desk Consultants will be responsible for keeping the customer informed on the progress of their requests within required timeframes, receiving and handling requests for support following agreed procedures, maintaining records, and keeping stakeholders informed. Jeopardy management is part of the Service Assurance duties.
The Service Desk Consultant is responsible for the following:
- Respond to all service desk customer phone enquiries promptly, courteously and efficiently;
- Qualify calls and/or incidents as covered by contractual Service Level Agreements;
- Log and categorise interactions from customers via the phone, internet, email or authorised means using a SaaS Service Management tool (Service-Now) and maintain records of all calls;
- Coordinate incident resolution through to completion and monitor the status and progress toward resolution of all open incidents;
- Identify the nature of fault enquiries through standard work instructions and if possible, provide first level resolution in response to identified issues;
- Escalate calls/requests to appropriate L2/3 resolver groups as required;
- Demonstrate initiative and make decisions using ingenuity or experience to overcome problems;
- Assist customers and be responsive to their needs;
- Actively keep customers informed of the progress of their request for service or support;
- Re-prioritise and allocate tasks when required;
- Maintain current applicable knowledge of a continuously changing ICT communications environment;
- Co-ordinate with other Telstra work areas and 3rd party suppliers to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner;
- Provide customer training and support as required;
- Provide the customer with timely oral and written advice that is clear, concise, accurate and complete;
- Recommend improvements in processes and procedures to support consistent best practice delivery of business outcomes and reduce re-work;
- Respond to and resolve customer issues and have a basic understanding of the end to end Telstra processes for activation and assurance for the technology being supported;
- Provide recommendations and improvements to processes along with limited guidance to peers;
- Understand and adhere to service level agreements;
- Work as a member of a team in which provides high quality service, are self-motivated, co-operative and effective and maintain inter-personal relationships;
- Work within the organisational structure with responsibility to both superiors and subordinates;
- Adhere to the Telstra Purpose and Values; and
- Establish professional working relationships with all colleagues both internally and externally.
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
Skills and Experiences:
Can you talk us through the skills and experiences required to be successful in this role? (systems, technologies, types of projects)
In order to be a successful candidate for the role, It is a requirement for all Service Desk Consultants to possess the below:
- A proficient level of customer service skills. Experienced in dealing with complaints and difficult customers
- The ability to adapt to rapid business changes.
- Demonstrates and encourages a supportive and collaborative approach to working within and across different teams.
- Proven ability to assimilate to new technology, procedures and products. (Smartphones, mobiles and iPads devices, Unified Communications - desktop telephony and peripherals, Video, Voice and Data carriage)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Service Desk Ticketing Systems and tools (Flexcab, MICA, ITAM, UOMS, Service Central)
It is desirable but not essential for the Service Desk Consultant to have achieved the following;
- Relevant ICT qualification or certification;
- ITIL certification; and
- Degree/Masters in Telecommunications Information technology, Computer
If you think you match this requirement then APPLY!