Cross Domain Architect
Join this global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, they uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
The Cross-Domain Architect (xDA) leads the technical definition, development, delivery, and evolution of complex, and often new customer solutions from pre-sales through the delivery and ongoing operation.
Main Responsibility Area:
Cross Domain Architects are engaged on projects that introduce both significant technical and business risks, that span multiple products and services units that must be completed in multiple phases over a significant period, and/or where the consequences of project failure are high. The xDA is expected to have multi-radio i.e., 3G, LTE, Wi-Fi, Small Cells, IoT and other radio technologies i.e., virtualization, cloud, bare metal implementations, and multi-domain i.e., Radio, Backhaul, Core, SDM, OSS, BSS and Customer Care, experience. The xDA should have a strong personality to pull together various teams for execution of very large and/or complex projects.
- Technical Leadership & Direction for Pre-contract Solution Development & Pricing: The xDA directs internal teams to develop the solution across Business Groups (Services, Products) and 3rd parties. The xDA, using a mix of strong consultative and technical skills, interacts with key customer contacts and decision makers to consult on customer objectives, gather business and technical requirements, establish credibility for solution,
and demonstrate technical leadership to the customer.
- Technical Management and Delivery Quality Assurance: Provides technical direction to all members of the technical project team. Provide key inputs to implementation SOWs to insure
completeness and appropriately limited scope, verification and 3rd-party product commitments in support of the architecture, and communication with key stakeholders as to the architecture and implementation plan. Technically leads troubleshooting and
debugging interoperability issues, oversee testing activity, and engage as required all technical resources (people & tools) available to the program to resolve issues.
- Delivery Planning: Provides input to the Project manager developing the project plan, including phase definition, entrance and exit criteria, major activities, identification of task
interdependencies, and technical project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Fifteen plus years demonstrated experience in network consultancy, architecture, design, implementation and management.
- Strong leadership and consultative skills including ability to coach and mentor team members.
- In-depth knowledge of IP and IMS and at least 2 of the following areas: 3G/LTE Wireless Architecture, Cloud/Virtualization, Small Cells, Mobile Backhaul, Applications, IP Transformation.
- Strong relationship management skills to build cross organizational support for appropriate engagement and support of new services/solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales support and/or business development.
- Must be a quick learner (without formal training), self-motivated with outstanding customer interface, communication and advocacy skills
- Ability to understand customer and internal business drivers for opportunities and projects and mentor team members.