The Contracts & Commercial Manager is responsible for day-to-day commercial and contracts management for the delivery of a new Telecommunication Network within NSW.
The role supports the Project Director for all commercial and contract management matters.
- Ensuring all project costs are accurately captured, allocated, forecasted and reported.
- Lead the contract variation process. Review, challenge and consolidate all inputs into a coherent proposal for submission. Ensure all internal stakeholders are consulted throughout the process and proper approvals obtained.
- Provide analysis, collate documentation and decision support on Liquidated Damages calculations.
- Participate in the resolution of contractual and commercial disputes by researching and clearly articulating contractual obligations and facilitation of legal advice.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met by their due dates and ongoing compliance with the contract generally.
- Maintain a strong and constructive relationship with the Customer and Subcontractors.
- Attend customer meetings.
- Monthly & weekly progress reporting.
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to forge and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work through complex commercial issues and recommend a course of action
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
Education & Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Good understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Contract management and contract interpretation skills
- Expert knowledge of full Microsoft Office suite
- 5-10+ years experience in Contracts or Commercial Management in Australia, or a role with relevant exposure to commercial functions and interactions with external customers
- Experience in Construction or Telecommunications industry
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and customer stakeholders).
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creative and strategic mindset.
- Highly motivated.
If you feel that you match the above criteria please apply now or call Dave Pickles on 9409 4889 for a confidential discussion. Job Ref: 184008