Our CBD based client is currently looking for a Contract Superintendent to work in a permanent capacity within Asset Operations.
Ideally you will have previous experience working in a Senior Contracts Manager role and be comfortable working with high value contracts.
- Accountable for undertaking the Superintendent responsibilities acting as the agent on behalf of the principal and to act as the independent certifier for administered contracts
- Accountable for the maintenance, coordination and continuous improvement of the tracking system to oversee the parties' performance of contract obligations and deliverables
- Accountable, where authorised by the contract, to certify:payment certificates; final certificates; payment of liquidated damage; delay costs; costs due to change in legislative requirements; and costs for the rectification of damage
- Accountable for ensuring that all parties to the contract are executing and complying with contract scope of work
- Accountable for the maintenance, coordination and continuous improvement of the contract document management system that ensures appropriate records of events are taken and maintained during the contract term
- Accountable, where authorised by the contract, for issuing directions in relation to carrying out the work, including works to which a provisional sum applies
- Responsible, where authorised by the contract, for approvals including the construction program and subcontractors
- Accountable for directing the interpretation or construction of a contract document in the event of any inconsistency, ambiguity or discrepancy
- Accountable, where authorised by the contract, to coordinate the examination and testing of materials and make directions concerning defective work
- Accountable to direct the suspension of the work
- Accountable to assess and direct extensions of time
- Responsible for directing and certifying the cost of variations, including in relation to deemed variations for latent conditions
- Responsible for issuing certificates of practical completion
- Responsible for the structure and administration of ongoing training and development of team members in the role of the Superintendent and general contract administration
- Broad and comprehensive experience in a similar role
- Detailed knowledge of AS4000 Suit of Standard contracts
- Strong knowledge of project and contract management and administration
- Significant experience in contract management including strong negotiation skills, excellent business acumen and proven commercial and contractual risk management and analysis skills.
- Experience structuring training and development activities in the field of contract administration.
If you are open to a new opportunity and have the relevant skills, please send an updated Word Doc CV to firstname.lastname@example.org