We are looking to hire an experienced Configuration Specialist for one of our premier clients. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that goals and objectives of new business development requests are accomplished within prescribed time frames.
- Overall responsibility for undertaking all aspects of Configuration Management for Non-Production environments.
- Provide Input into the Testing Services Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) Designs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build, document, engineer and implement holistic CI/CD strategies across globally-distributed engineering teams.
- Expert understanding and experience of industry best practice, trends, strategies, and tools/products relating to CI/CD. Including deep specialization in:
- Configuration Management
- Source code management
- Automated testing frameworks (for testing/validating CD pipelines)
- Monitoring (build, environment logs, deployments)
- Environments understanding (Linux/ Unix / Windows skills)
- Environment troubleshooting including advanced code debugging experience.
- Proficiency in, at least, one programming language such as Java, .NET, Ruby, C/C++.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt
- Exposure to RDBMS and Unix/Linux System administration
- Desirable - Certification in, at least, one cloud technology such as AWS, Azure.
- Experience in containerization technologies (docker)
- Communication and coordination with Application SMEs
- Experienced in IT change management processes
- Understanding of Release Management processes
- Investigate the viability of test environment stubbing and virtualization of services - provide recommendations for short-term/long term initiatives.