About the company
A leading company who are delivering a managed market for disability services in Australia.
About the Role
Community Engagement Assistant Manager to contribute to the strategic planning of the objectives and direction. You will develop long-term plans and implement operational strategies aimed at achieving the mission to 'build a world-leading scheme. You will provide support to the leadership team to plan, lead and deliver highly complex outcomes, projects and work programs that have strategic, political and operational significance
- Support the State Director to provide strategic leadership, direction and support to a team
- Effectively engage with people with disability, their families and carers using a nationally consistent engagement approach across a diverse geographic environment.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with community and mainstream stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of a state engagement strategy aligned to strategies and business plans.
- Provide considered advice to the Director
- Apply stakeholder management experience and capacity building skills to navigate complexity
- Represent at external forums and events in a professional manne
- Lead the development and delivery of effective messaging to people with disability, their families and carers
- Maintain relationships with the Provider and Market and Partner Performance engagement teams
- Lead staff to effectively deliver required outcomes and implement practical solutions
- Previous experience as a Community Engagement Assistant Manager
- Prefer experience within the Health, Insurance or Disability sector
- Experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team, including developing staff and managing performance,
- High level understanding and knowledge of disability, and its impact on individuals.
- High level of competency in consistently applying assessment tools to identify support needs.
- Competency with IT systems.
- Work closely across teams (within the region or nationally) to manage service delivery performance.
- Ability to manage service delivery performance.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and presentation/facilitation skills.
NOTE - The role may include intrastate and interstate travel.
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes 14th November
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 189219
Please click the apply button.