- 12 Months contract
- CBD and Geelong Locations
- Government Agency
A Government Agency is looking for a Communications Officer
Seek ways to inform local members through both in person presentations and providing written information on the Scheme and its rollout.
The role also involves the following:
- Establishing and maintaining a productive and professional relationships with allocated local members, and their staff.
- Establishing productive and professional relationships with agency leadership teams.
- Providing local members with information on the purpose, scope and progress of the Scheme as it relates to their community and constituents.
- Building confidence and understanding of the Agency in local members and their staff.
- Facilitating a timely response to local members' enquiries and representations regarding specific constituents using appropriate regional processes for referral and resolution of the issue.
- Recording details of complaints, enquiries, and engagement with local members and their staff, and escalating complaints from constituents in accordance with the established Agency complaint handling processes.
- Planning public events for local members and the Agency to present on the Scheme.
- Coordinating input into Agency briefings for the Minister, Assistant Minister and Executive.
- Facilitate other tasks as required by the Director and executives
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following
- Proven experience in communications and engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues facing regional and remote communities in the Northern Territory, including access to services, is an advantage
- Experience working with parliamentarians or ability to draw parallels with experience in similar roles
- Experience preparing government briefs preferred
- Experience in community event planning
If you have the experience then please APPLY NOW or Call Sumi on 03 8080 7200 for more information