Our client in the public sector is looking to bring on board a Communications Manager. Reporting to the Director Organisational Change Management and working collaboratively with the Change Manager, Training Manager and responsible service owners, the primary responsibilities of the Communications Manager will be creating and implementing communications strategies and plans, and managing the creation of communications that are fit for purpose, clear, succinct and appropriate for the audience.
6 months rolling contract
Redfern & Sydney CBD location
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
Your experience will include:
- A bachelor degree in communications, public relations, or marketing.
- Experience drafting, editing, and distributing a wide range of communication collateral in complex matrix organisations.
- Experience working on large-scale technology or change management programs, preferably with a HR transformation or people change environment.
- Development of detailed communication plans and proven success in being able to deliver on time, within budget and to high-quality standards.
- Experience delivering employee marketing campaigns that have achieved quantifiable outcomes.
- Communication with unions, professional associations, media or other interested third parties to announce internal operational changes.
- Moderation of social media communities, responding to enquiries, evaluation of channel effectiveness and management reporting.
- Developing a diverse range of complex and detailed strategic and deployment communications.
- Developing and managing stakeholder engagement activities and plans.
- The ability to foster successful stakeholder relationships and exercise judgement in an environment of rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- The ability to provide advice on the most creative, efficient and effective communication methods to suit change and HR service owner requirements working across multiple channels.
- Proven success working with service owners and project stakeholders to produce easy-to-understand and memorable messaging.
- Experience translating complex technical issues into straightforward language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience measuring employee engagement and the effectiveness of communications campaigns.
- The capacity to identify, report and manage stakeholder expectations through communications on any matters relating to program status, iterative solution design-pilot, solution test, service readiness and Go-Live.
- Lead communication activities that include audience analysis, communication channel assessment, integrate communication activities into program wide delivery plans, create communications calendar, assess communication effectiveness, report against measures of success and incorporate lessons learnt into future communications.
- Have operational accountability for developing and managing the consistent delivery of the communications plan on time, within budget and to appropriate quality standards.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and manage communication issues and gaps.
- Design, develop and deliver communications and marketing campaigns for the program and service owners, specifically digital content, intranet design, videos, testimonials, social media, animations, collages, banners, branding, templates, presentations, roadshows, newsletters, speeches, call scripting etc.
- Write, edit, and proofread program communication and promotional materials.
- Define intranet information architecture, and manage publishing integrated content on program and other stakeholder sites.
- Moderate the program's internal Yammer group and respond to employee enquiries received through feedback channels.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of all program communications to meet quality standards and accessibility requirements.
- Ensure stakeholder input, review and sign-off has been attained and documented before distributing communication deliverables.
- Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings, presentations, webinars, or roadshows to share information.
- Deliver regular reports on communication and campaign effectiveness including web analytics, social media usage and employee feedback, and incorporate lessons learnt into future communications and/or campaigns.
- Coach and upskill (for alignment) key stakeholders within the program and line managers to maintain best practice and the highest possible communication standards.