- Large Cloud Transformation
- Initial 6 months Contract
- Location: CBD
Our client is undertaking a major cloud transformation project. As part of this large migration project it is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join its IT team on a contract basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing infrastructure solutions that meet the evolving IT requirements.
- Designing, developing and implementing infrastructure solutions that meet the evolving IT requirements, aligned to enterprise-wide IT architectures and standards.
- Contributing to the definition and communication of IT infrastructure designs, policies, processes and standards for building and running systems.
- Reviewing infrastructure solution designs to ensure that they are aligned to enterprise-wide IT architectures and standards
- Identifying and resolving infrastructure design issues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of System Engineer / Cloud Engineer experience
- Strong, proven skills in supporting cloud platforms - assisting in defining and implementing cloud strategies (public and private), architecting cloud infrastructure and implementing.
- Strong experience in migrating existing applications to Azure and AWS
- Experience with automated deployment, configuration and scripting tools (Linux shell scripting, Windows PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Windows DSC)
- Exposure to Middleware administration (Oracle WebLogic, Microsoft IIS and SSRS, Tomcat);
- Solid experience working with: Windows Server (2008/2012/2016), SCCM, Active Directory (& Group Policies)
- Strong Security focus, including but not limited to Antivirus, Mail protection, CASB, Identity Management and Governance, etc.
- Strong Experience with Online services support e.g. Lync, Office 365, ADFS, Azure, Azure AD, IAM
- Broad understanding of architecture principles (networking, DC, virtualization, SAN/NAS, backup, security etc)
- After hours on-call support will be required for Business-Critical Situations and environments not handed over to BAU.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Our client is looking to interview next week. APPLY NOW!!