Large Queensland utilities based organisation requires an experienced Cloud Engineer to assist with its digital transformation. A critical enabler for this need is to transition from traditional, on-premise ICT infrastructure to robust, secure, well managed and efficient cloud infrastructure.
The organisations digital division is already experiencing significant demand from the organisations divisions to meet this need and it is imperative that the division respond quickly to ensure that demand is met efficiently. This cloud project will meet these needs by consolidating and enhancing the cloud frameworks, architecture, tools, capability and infrastructure necessary and provide this enhanced capability by:
- Improving outcomes on existing cloud related projects and,
- Identifying and migrating workloads from on-prem infrastructure to cloud based infrastructure and reduce ongoing on-prem infrastructure costs
The Cloud Engineer will join a growing operations and project team responsible for managing the AWS and Azure cloud environment hands on.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Atleast 3 years experience in AWS & Azure in enterprise size environments
- Preferably experience in Energy Utilities/Mining/Heavy Assets
- Experience supporting and managing workloads in AWS and Azure (including IaaS/PaaS and cloud native solutions)
- Experience building and deploying highly available and self-healing infrastructure in cloud
- Strong skills in cloud networking and security controls
- VPCs / VNets / Security Groups / NACLs / Routing / FW Rule definition
- Experience managing and defining candidates in CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in Terraform/GitHub
- Active Directory and Azure AD administration experience
- Experience in Server platforms, including:
- Servers Windows and Linux (AWS/SUSE/Redhat) including SOE Automation
- AWS System Manager/Packer/Ansible/PowerShell/Bash/Python experience.
- Experience working in an Agile performing team
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Mlady on 3003 7629 quoting reference 211917
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button. Please note applications for this role close Sunday 11th April 2021.