Fantastic opportunity to join a high performing team as the Cloud Automation Lead, within an extremely well-regarded organisation within the Education Sector.
The role requires outstanding communication, strategic and solution design skills, combined with a collaborative approach to allow successful participation in driving and governing the business technology transformation.
As the Cloud Automation Lead you will be responsible for the design and implementation of cloud services. This encompasses the development and documentation of cloud designs, services, self-service capabilities, workflows and standards, including documentation of automation architecture and frameworks.
You will be the subject matter expert in most cloud technologies across complex public and private clouds. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders this role ensures that development of new public and private cloud solutions adhere to best practices, industry standards and are optimised for both cost and functionality.
You will work closely with vendors, specifying the work to be done and managing engagements to deliver the required outcomes. You will provide architectural leadership by establishing and implementing design standards and decisions with respect to cloud migration, automation technology, agile delivery methodology, supporting toolsets and support mechanisms that provide frameworks for application developers, automation engineers, support teams and external providers in delivering fit for purpose digital service.
Key Skill & Experience required:
- Experience working in a similar role within an enterprise environment or tertiary education sector.
- Minimum 3 years' experience delivering and designing cloud infrastructure and cloud-based applications.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Cloud pricing and commercial models; including Azure, AWS, or other cloud service providers.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with the creation and deployment of AWS Cloud formation and/or Azure ARM templates through automation, including security best practice.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud design, architecture and management, specifically, AWS or Azure.
- Extensive experience managing supplier relationships to deliver cost effective and quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing statements of works (SoWs) and managing vendor engagements.
- Experience in conducting quick technical feasibility of proposed research workloads for hosting on Cloud platforms via hands-on PoC.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nic Gulliver quoting reference 211457.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.