Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Cloud Automation Engineer to help deliver a large program of work to migrate applications to Public Cloud infrastructure from Development through to Production.
This is an initial 12 month engagement starting in the new, with 2x 6 month extension options and is working in Canberra's CBD.
The Cloud Automation Engineer will be part of the team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. As a specialist within a team, there is a requirement to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
Within this role you will:
- Participate and represent the client across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration.
- Define Application Cloud Architecture for applications in scope a cloud migration.
- Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds used for hosting workloads and document "How To" documents for enabling PaaS services
- Work in agile team environment to deploy and trouble-shoot new PaaS services and application automation in lower levels as well as production
- Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
- Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the clients hosting strategy.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and or experience in:
- Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphere Virtualization
- Automated workflows/pipelines
- Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
- Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
- Strong understanding of cloud native characteristics and how architectures can deliver them
- Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments and ability to lead agile teams
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 200131
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.