Role - Citrix Engineer
Duration: 6 months rolling
Location - Redfern
Checks - 2 Ref Checks, Police Checks, WWCC
The Engineer will be part of the team supporting complex virtualization environments focusing on Citrix applications & desktop (VDI) implementations. Will be involved in the Citrix VDI POC project.
The engineer will also be involved in the XenApp 7.15 upgrade project and implementations and oversee the department's Citrix environments, maintaining integrity and service availability.
Provide timely resolution for Citrix-related issues and assist customers with their support needs. Support the testing, piloting and implementation of changes or new product rollouts. Provide technical guidance to support staff in other areas.
- Strong experience in Citrix XenDesktop v7.13 or higher, in a large & complex environment. Cloud experience desirable.
- VDI engineering (Citrix Xendesktop) skills. The ideal candidate should have engineered, deployed, operated & supported large & varied VDI implementations.
- Good experience in Citrix Xenserver hypervisor.
- Strong general infrastructure and platform skills and experience, including: Networking, Active Directory, Windows administration, storage.
- Strong knowledge & experience in Citrix-related technologies including Provisioning Service v7.13 or higher, StoreFront, Netscalers, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in the administration & support of the department's Netscaler SDX appliances.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Change management process experience.
- Good scripting skills and experience using Powershell and/or VBscript.
- Good documentation & troubleshooting skills.