A community services Federal Government agency is seeking multiple case Officers to manage a portfolio of internal review requests. The Case Officers will examine all relevant documentation relating to a request for review, request further information and consult with internal technical advisors where necessary to develop a recommendation.
Some of the duties will include the following.
- Prioritise workload in response to legislative timeframes
- Apply legislation, operational guidelines and policies to individual requests
- Apply principles of administrative law decision making in accordance with both primary and secondary sources, for example under the criteria for reasonable and necessary supports
- Collect further information by speaking directly with participants and their representatives, as well as speaking with regional staff where necessary
- Draft clear, concise and plain language reasons for decisions
- Collate relevant material supporting the recommendation and draft decision letter
- Communicate effectively with participants and their representatives to explain reasons for decisions, the review and appeals process and options open to them
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in administrative law or administrative decision making would be highly regarded
- Experience in claims management and/or assessment would be highly regarded
- Experience working as part of a virtual team
- Knowledge of disability issues
- May be a person with a legal degree but this is not a legal role
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Steven quoting reference: 187119