This role is responsible for the development, continuous improvement and governance of the IT Capacity Management Framework and associated procedures.
Working closely with The Service Monitoring team, the incumbent will support the Capacity Management Information System (CMIS) during business hours and provide advice and guidance on all capacity and performance-related activities to Projects, Technology and the Business. Assist with the creation and automation of performance and capacity management reports, identifying capacity risks and propose proactive performance improvements where possible.
- Accountable for the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of the Capacity Management Framework to develop best practice and operational excellence. Create and review related documentation (work instructions, process and technical).
- Contribute to the delivery IT Capacity Management services
- Contribute to the on-going strategy and plans to Capacity Management services and ensure effective Capacity analysis, reporting and management services across the enterprise.
- Facilitate enterprise training and support to the Capacity management Framework
- Maintain the integrity and operation of the Capacity Management Information System (CMIS) and work with vendors to ensure the stability, availability and software currency of the platform.
- Analyse performance data identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions
- Provide reports on enterprise systems usage and projected growth for operational capacity management and capacity planning purposes
- Support the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) program on delivering the expected outcome
- Ensure adheres to agree guidelines and methodologies associated with capacity management framework.
- Contribute to problem management activities using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines where required
- Maintain knowledge on current technology and industry best practice
- Liaise with key business and technology stakeholders
- Facilitates training and knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
- Pro-actively manage capacity planning and performance management deliverables
- 3+ years experience in capacity planning, technical appraisals of system capacity, analytical thinking, modelling, forecasting and tuning of infrastructure
- 3+ years experience in SQL reporting and analytics is preferred, including design and development of SQL queries to extract key measurement data.
- Strong understanding of SQL - Microsoft SQL Reporting Services knoweledge highly desired
- Experience using Capacity Management Information systems (CMIS) desired.
- Experience in technical writing and documentation version control
- Experience using ServiceNow (RFCs, GRC) or equivalent