Configuration Management - Report /Data Analyst
- 9 - 12 Month Initial contract
- Flexibilie to remote work / on site split
- Attractive daily rates
Provide the program the data it needs to plan activities and provide progress reporting showing the status of all activities that relate to remediation in then environment including patching, site server and data centralisation, legacy application and server retirement, Windows 7 retirement etc
- Prepare and maintain a configuration management plan
- Build a logical Data Model of the Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- Review and refine CI types and attributes
- Assign owners to each CI
- Identify sources of CI information
- Map relationships between CI's, using Service Now Service Watch or similar tool.
- The collation and understanding of all be-spoke repositories of inventory or other data such as business data on site servers, business applications and business functional use, key IT data assets, apps the infra mappings, apps to DB to infra mappings, sites, users and every CI component.
- The collation and understanding of siloed operational data and reporting around common functions such as patching and back-ups.
- The development and execution of the data integration and migration plan to build the target set data environment.
- The on-going maintenance processes (design and implementation) for any data element including updates via discovery tools, change/SR/incident processes, project processes.
- Patching status and exception reports for devices behind patching cycles.
- Site level reporting of IT assets including business data, applications and functions.
Essential skills and Experiences
- Ability to lead the engagement within IT and pro-actively engage to seek out and define solution; not to require a PM to oversee every activity.
- Understanding of CMDB and CI design; ideally ITIL v4 certified.
- Experience with the Service Now tool sets is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Data warehousing and reporting via Power BI desirable.
- Excellent Communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Analytical capability to understand the current landscape and agree future data model.
- Negotiation skills to get things done; be able to compromise the perfect solution to get the data and reporting needed.
- Excellent presentation skills: ability to structure information for depending on the audience.
- Post graduate degree in business, commerce or communications desirable
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and maintaining IT CI data in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Must be used to working within an outsourced multi Supplier environment.
- Familiar with understanding business services, IT services, IT data and being able to determine the importance of the data as it related to the IT server and downstream business service.
- Familiar with data design, data migration and data maintenance within a ITIL framework.
- Able to understand dependent CI/data element so to be able to develop meaningful reporting that provides an out-comes based view, no just elements of this.
- Understand the infrastructure dependencies with application including structured and unstructured data, AD, OS, Azure/cloud etc.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience for at least 5 years.
If interested in the role please select APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com Quoting reference 208112