This large Queensland based utilities organisation is undertaking a digital transformation towards becoming a utility of the future by implementing a fully digital system where their systems and data, and therefore their people, are better connected. The division which this role would be working in is the Digital Division within the Finance & Corporate Services department, which provides and supports information and communications technology products, services and solutions for the organisation and its subsidiary companies.
While in this role you will be working in a project to implement a single unified Distribution Management System (DMS) that facilitates adoption of common operating practices across the network operational control centres and in the field. It will also aim to provide an enhanced platform that sustains existing capability whilst supporting innovation in operations and help drive the transition to an intelligent grid.
Within this role you will be:
- Providing system development and support functions, working with stakeholders including Business Analysts and Solution Architects to understand detailed requirements.
- Providing estimates for development and project work and completing assignments within agreed timeframes.
- Designing, coding, testing, modifying and installing programs for a variety of applications (including desktop applications).
- Troubleshooting and defect resolution.
- Developing and maintaining process, system and functional documentation
- Collaboratiing, managing information and confidentiality requirements across the organisation in accordance with applicable ring-fencing parameters.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Desktop application development experience using WPF and WinForms
- Demonstrated experience in using source control systems such as Subversion.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of systems analysis, structured programming techniques and software quality assurance
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff while analysing, designing and implementing new or revised software applications
- The following would be highly advantageous:
- Hands on experience in JIRA, HP Quality Centre.
- Experience in developing responsive sites using bootstrap. Less and/or Sass experience
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Mlady or Donna Prince on 3319 7555 quoting reference 211015.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.