About the Company
Our client is an energy exploration and production with onshore and offshore oil and gas production in five basins across Australia and New Zealand.
The company is headquartered in a great location in Adelaide CBD.
About the role
The Business Services Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day applications support capability, supporting delivery of the application life cycle management and support the secure design, provision and operation of technology.
- Participate in the development of overall IT Services strategy and agreement of key strategic projects
- Be involved in the implementation of IT strategy, systems and process strategy
- Regular analysis, review and reporting of technical support team performance
- Mitigate risks and address adverse trends or under-performance
- Deliver IT services across the organisation to the agreed level of service and expectation
- Ensure the quality, reliability and performance of the IT platform (Applications) on a day to day basis
- Ensure application support teams are sharing resources, knowledge and skills
- Work with senior managers to provide advice and expertise on IT Solutions to drive improvements across multiple functions
- Provide IT systems and service expertise to senior management
- Input into the review and selection of new systems, vendors and applications
- Review vendor contracts from a Services and compliance perspective
- Periodically review and test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans as required
- Manage the budget for the Applications Support team
- Monitor the spend to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and achievement of desired outcomes
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely written IT management reports
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders, managers and staff across all functions
- Defining application architecture standards
- Involvement in the design and build of new services and operational practices
- Contribute to service design, service transition or continual service improvement projects
- Provide assistance with service management processes, helping to define standards and tools, and undertaking activities such as the evaluation of change requests
- Provide assistance with the management of contracts and vendors.
- Management of applications support team members
Skills and experience
- Senior manager level experience in the area of application management
- Managing and leading teams of professionals and/or individual contributors
- 10+ years of expertise in the management of software applications in an AMS environment
- Managing and leading teams of IT professionals
- Proven experience within the oil industry
- Substantial experience in management of IT operations, technology, people, processes, and information
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jessica Gadsby on (08) 8112 7417 quoting reference 246750.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.