The ICT Service Desk Officer position is primarily responsible for being the first point of contact for ICT requests and incidents raised by customers of our client. As part of the team, you will contribute to achieving positive service results within the parameters of team key performance indicators.
Your daily duties will encompass answering phone calls, responding to emails, first level troubleshooting, and recording of ICT requests or incidents. There is also the requirement to provide face-to-face on-site field support on a rotational basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our client utilises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) to define the required ICT skill set. Applicants are not required to have this skillset, though it may be well regarded by the selection committee. Coaching will be provided to successful applicants to develop these skills while on the Service Desk. Further information on SFIA skills can be found at: https://www.sfia-online.org/en/framework/sfia-7/a-to-z-skills-collection
- Act as the routine point of contact for a variety of our client's Directorates. This includes responding to a broad range of service requests, gathering information to fulfil requests or enable resolution, providing first level troubleshooting and diagnosis, and promptly allocating unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Assist with the development standards and apply these to track, monitor, report, resolve, or escalate issues. Contribute to creation of support documentation.
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carry out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Follow agreed procedures: identify, register, and categorise incidents. Accurately record and categorise ICT incidents and requests. Maintain records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Handle ICT requests and incidents using a variety of mediums, such as phone, email, web forms, live chat, and face-to-face.
- Achieve service level expectations, meet business KPIs, and meet customer expectations.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge (PTK)
- Ability to use, deploy, support, and maintain ICT infrastructure, systems, and applications, within a contemporary Microsoft Windows operating environment is desirable but not essential.
- Technical skill and knowledge of a wide range of Microsoft products including the Office suite of applications.
Behavioural Capabilities (BC)
- Well-developed customer service skills, including the ability to actively listen to customers while contributing to initiatives that aim to continually improve customer satisfaction and service delivery.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with a range of stakeholders at all levels, with a focus on customer needs and satisfaction. This includes demonstrating a high level of attention to detail, such as the ability to accurately clarify, check, and record information.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic, customer-focused team, including commitment to proactively assisting and supporting others while contributing to a positive workplace culture and customer experience.
- Ability to follow directions and abide by policies and procedures to complete tasks.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, determine priorities, and demonstrate resilience in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to think analytically and make rational judgements from available information to provide accurate and professional decisions and advice.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting Job Reference: 237657