Reporting to the Section Head Business Intelligence and Cloud Data Services the Resource must undertake the following tasks:
- Develop, maintain, and document Power BI reports as per internal staff requirements.
- Attend design workshops and providing input to design process from a technical viewpoint.
- Drive the implementation of a self-service reporting platform and drive "data storytelling" and visualisations to aid in the effective communication of information.
- Assist with ad-hoc data report request and analysis tasks as required.
- Drive insight-led analytics relating to the evaluation of a broad range of business initiatives using Python, R, etc.
- Experience developing data solutions within Azure cloud environment for ETL tools and databases.
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with all levels of the business to understand business requirements.
- Assist in the development of internal staff
- Other related tasks as requested by the Manager (BICDS team) or senior data lead.
- Promote workplace safety, equity and diversity and participative management and environmental management practices in the workplace and act in accordance with our client's values and behaviours.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Demonstrate strong skillset and background working with PowerBI, complex data sets and SQL skills.
- Experience in extensive Power BI development and administration experience in a Data Warehouse team- this is an important and key skill for this position.
- Experience in data storytelling and analytics are required in equal measure.
- Experience with ETL tools including WhereScape Red, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Informatica PowerCenter
- Experience with SAP BusinessObjects report development using Web Intelligence).