Our client is a Federal Government agency who are currently looking for a Business Data Modeler on a contract until the 30th September 2021. You would be specialising in the development of logical business semantic data models, which define contextual business data requirements
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Modelling of new business data assets in the Data Model (BDM) discovered in an analysis work stream using the Department's established modelling frameworks, guidelines and tools.
- Timely delivery of modelled business data assets that are categorised, structurally placed, business data rules documented, semantically and generically defined in business terms to a high quality standard.
- Delivery of business data model views that define business data requirements for a given context using data assets within the BDM.
- Analysis of data models to support solution design and data management planning.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Data Modelling - Extensive experience with the practice of business data modelling and developing logical business entity relationship diagrams independent of physical implementations.
- Data Modelling Software -Experience with using SPARX Enterprise Architect as a business data modelling application.
The participants in this work should have the ability to:
- Define Business Data Assets - The ability to analyse various sources of data implementations and identify new or existing business data assets.
- Port Models - The ability to transform models e.g. canonical models, relational to dimensional or hierarchical.
- Stakeholder Engagement - The ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders to elicit and validate business data requirements.
- Frameworks & Guidelines - The ability to understand and comply with the Department's pre-defined Data Management Framework and Business Data Modelling Guideline.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #207149