About the Role
A Business Change Manager is required to work within the Client Security Centre to provide the bridge between the program and business operations, defining the program benefits, assessing progress towards realisation and achieving measured improvements in business operations. Working within a portfolio framework indicative duties include, but not are limited to:
- Manage Program reporting requirements; provide advice and direction to Program staff ensuring the interests of the sponsoring group or Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) are met by the program
- obtaining assurance for the sponsoring group or SRO that the delivery of new capability is compatible with the realisation of benefits
- working with the program manager to ensure that the work of the program, including the scope of each project, covers the necessary aspects required to deliver the products or services that will lead to operational benefits
- working with the program manager to identify projects that will contribute to realising benefits and achieving outcomes
- identifying, defining and tracking the benefits and outcomes required of the program
- ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use
- leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the program has been completed o establishing and implementing the mechanisms by which benefits can be delivered and measured o taking the lead on transition management, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition and the changes are effectively integrated into the business
- preparing affected business areas for transition to new ways of working o optimising the timing of the release of project deliverables into business operations
- Demonstrated experience working within a Defence program or project, with an understanding of the structures and culture of the Defence organisation.
- Effective marketing and communication skills to sell the program vision to staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modelling and re-engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of the business environment and direct business experience - in particular, they need an understanding of the management structures, politics and culture of the organisation owning the program.
- Participation in the program should be an integral part of their normal responsibilities to enable changes resulting from the program to be firmly embedded in the organisation.
Apply Now and for more information, please contact Archna Singh on 02 6245 1708 quoting Job Reference: 248379.