The DTA has oversight of the Government's portfolio of ICT and digital projects. As part of this role we drive the strategic planning & coordination of digital & ICT at the whole of government level through effective governance, engagement & investment prioritisation.
Role is open for Canberra and Sydney location
Due to the security clearance required for the role, candidate must be an Australian Citizen with minimum Baseline clearance.
- Business analyst will have to identify needs, challenge assumptions, break down problems, consider available evidence, and present well-reasoned options for consideration.
- Candidate will engage and communicate broadly with our stakeholder group, including senior executives, and interrogate data holdings and develop business intelligence along with visualisations for briefings, reports and publications.
- Candidate will need to work in an agile environment in a multi-disciplinary team and be fluent in Excel and PowerBI.
- Candidate will need to understand the role of Government in delivering the digital transformation agenda and demonstrated experience in a policy environment.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs, challenge assumptions, break down problems, consider available evidence and present well-reasoned options for consideration.
- Demonstrated recent experience using Excel to analyse and PowerBI and Powerpoint for visualising data as part of understanding problems and considering solutions. This includes manipulating large quantities of data as well as analysis and presentation of data and using formulas, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to progress work against an objective and determine work priorities in a busy and complex environment. We need someone who can confidently deliver at speed and under pressure, balancing longer-term goals with immediate and urgent priorities in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate effectively with working-level and senior stakeholders, including making good use of data and data storytelling in this engagement and communication.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting reference 208390.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.