Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Business Analyst - M365 to work independently and lead a team of other business analysts via a matrix management framework. Your main responsibilities will include managing quality standards across the group, monitoring business analysis capability within the Institute, and coordinating strategic actions to improve various aspects of the practice. You will also work as part of a team to manage project initiatives and be expected to perform detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and other activities dependent upon the project type. To succeed in this role you should have a naturally analytical way of thinking and be able to explain complex concepts to non-technical users.
This is a long-term contract for 12 months, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Prioritising ICT project initiatives based on a strategic assessment of Institute business needs and requirements.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and implementing optimisation strategies as outcome of findings.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Elicit, manage and document requirements through stakeholder engagements such as meetings, workshops and working groups and ensuring developed solutions meet business needs.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Effectively managing the work plan with due consideration to competing resources and priorities.
- Implementing and coordinating peer review processes and strategic initiatives to improve the business analysis capability.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- The ability to leverage negotiation skills to effectively influence at all levels.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- A solid foundation in the technical skills and knowledge base required for implementing ICT projects using cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) as well as traditional on premise applications.
- A demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and improve business analysis practices and artefact templates.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- A history of supporting delivery of successful projects through the development and management of requirements and business analysis artefacts.
- Excellent personnel management skills, particularly in managing a rapidly cycling workforce comprising primarily of contractors.
It is desirable if you have:
- A demonstrated understanding of BABOK guide knowledge areas
- A demonstrated understanding of agile methodologies and practices
- Experience as a Scrum Master/Iteration Manager or as a member of an agile team
- An understanding of (or the ability to quickly acquire) domain knowledge relating to the business of the AIHW
- Experience implementing M365 will be highly regarded.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #242800
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.