Our client is undertaking a multi-year transformational project called Geosciences Data Modernisation Project. The project will transition hundreds of terabytes of geoscience related data and approximately 100,000 reports from 6 systems and physical media into a cloud-based data lake platform. The solution includes a metadata database, data catalogue, graph database, file store, lodgement portal and a range of search tools. 5 systems will be decommissioned as part of the project. The consolidation of 6 systems into one and the automation of data flows requires transformational change for the business stakeholders. The project is being delivered using an agile methodology with a solution development partner and is in the design, build and implementation stage.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Defining future state roles, responsibilities, business processes and work instructions. A key focus will be on good practice data management practices.
- Working with the business to implement new ways of working as the solution is progressively delivered.
- Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities and effective solutions to address them.
- Lead, facilitate and conduct agile UAT including writing test plans, scripts and reports.
- Determine detailed business requirements as required.
- As part of a small team successfully deliver a range of business-related implementation tasks required to ensure success of the project.
- Experience implementing data management solutions in geoscience or mining or petroleum and gas industries.
- Extensive experience defining and implementing future state business roles, responsibilities and work practices and associated support materials.
- Proven experience running UAT including writing test scripts and coordinating testing activities.
- Experience providing a broad range of implementation services such as training, writing communications materials and user guides.
- Experience working in large and small teams using agile methods in a government environment.
If this sounds like you then we would like to hear from you. Apply Now! Or contact Vidya Sadawarte on 07 3319 7501 for a confidential discussion for more information.