Our client is a Federal Government Agency and they are looking for Business Analyst on an initial 6-month contract. In this role, you would be required to support the delivery of multiple in-flight projects within the branch, and some conception phase work.
As this role is within the Federal Government, it is a requirement that the successful candidate be an Australian Citizen and have an active Baseline Clearance.
Success for this role will rely on the individual's ability to be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, good cultural fit, and their ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
- Work as part of a team, work collaboratively to design new components or enhancements to existing functions
- Research and analyse business requirements to gain a detailed understanding of the business need
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and service providers to determine high level requirements;
- Provide detailed technical and professional advice in relation to complex problems, including presentations and walk throughs
- Document current and future state capabilities
- Develop business cases based on information gathered
- Work closely with the Department's ICT teams (such as security, architecture and production support) to ensure that risks and issues are fully identified and appropriate mitigations are delivered.
To be successful for the role, you will need the following:
- A demonstrated ability to engage with business areas
- Ability to discuss technical issues/solutions with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work closely with technical and accessibility specialists to facilitate system development
- Manage the relationship with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective communication leading to prompt resolution of issues
- A working knowledge of, and recent experience using, an agile development methodology, with experience in Jira
- High level written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to research and learn new tools and techniques
- Experience in data analytics, data modelling, data migration and reporting and analytics projects would be an advantage
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge or the ability to gain knowledge, of the use of agile collaboration tools, including JIRA/DevOps
you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please Josie Bandiola and quote job #204992