Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled Business Analyst.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Identifying and conveying (orally and in writing) the objective of a business need to the appropriate stakeholder level - enterprise, program, operational and project levels;
- With business stakeholders, prioritising each business requirement according to its merits of enhancing business efficacy;
- In consultation with business and ICT stakeholders, developing innovative solutions to identified business challenges;
- Supporting the development of effective working relationships with stakeholders and include qualities such as ethics, trustworthiness and personal organisation;
- Working in and across teams for varying duration to achieve the identified work area outcomes - this may require team leadership and/or technical leadership skills;
- Organising, facilitating and co-facilitating workshops to extract business requirements and defining new or improved business processes;
- Defining and documenting new business practices and processes in a consistent and easily understood manner and facilitating the agreement and sign-off of these with appropriate stakeholders;
- Assisting with reporting, including having an in-depth knowledge of the report development lifecycle;
- Be part of the 24x7 support team. Providing out of hours support, including a requirement to be on call, on a rostered basis. This entails:
- Specified Personnel to be available, and in the 'required state of readiness' to perform extra duty outside of standard business hours;
- The 'required state of readiness' includes the requirement for Specified Personnel to:
- Physically attend on site within 30 minutes of notification of requirement to attend or as directed by Director
- Maintain compliance with the Department's Professional Standards and Integrity Framework, which includes but is not limited to, ensuring Services are not performed whilst impaired by any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol;
- Specified Personnel will be provided with a mobile telephone with on call;
Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department's recordkeeping policy and practices.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Minimum 5+ demonstrated experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience preparing high quality business analysis deliverables such as User Stories, High Level Requirements and Detailed Requirements.
- Demonstrated experience preparing high quality technical analysis deliverables such as Technical Specifications, Technical Design and Matrix, Data Reports and clear Data Visualisation documentation.
- Proven working experience in implementing technology change or Business Process Mapping and Notation (BPMN).
- Demonstrated experience documenting and running stakeholder workshops.
- Demonstrated experience documenting system requirements.
It is desirable if you have:
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with geospatial data and analytics.
- Familiarity with various analysis tools/techniques (e.g. life cycle, critical path, Confluence, JIRA, HP ALM).
- Familiarity with project management/application development techniques (eg Agile, Waterfall, etc).
- Experience within any of the following disciplines: Business Relationship Management, User Centric Design, Service Management or Testing.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #240556
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.