Primary purpose of position
This position is responsible for providing high-quality professional business and risk analysis services to specific, assigned project/domain teams by working in conjunction with other specialist resources and subject matter experts from across the Agency and the broader relevant industry to support the development of project deliverables, program objectives.
This will involve acting as intermediary between the project/domain team, other Agency project streams and external stakeholders to ensure that requirements and (business process, detailed, information and conformance), business processes and risk assessments (where required) are identified, documented and delivered.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Eliciting and managing requirements from internal/external users, customers and other stakeholders
- Documenting business process design within specific domains
- Identifying risks and issues, conducting risk assessments and supporting risk mitigation activities within specific domains
- Case development within specific domains
- Champion artefact traceability
- Preparing and facilitating stakeholder workshops to achieve business analysis outcomes
- Analysing and documenting business operations, enabling continuous improvement
- Identifying and documenting of impact assessment within specific domains
- Contributing to the content of internal and external communications
- Performing and documenting gap analysis for specific domains
- Designing test cases within specific domain areas
- Assist in the development of information design and modelling within specific domain areas
- Contributing to the development of change requests, problem and incident management
- Supporting Product and Project Management activities, including contributions to scope development, stakeholder management.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with diverse skill sets to deliver outcomes against competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and resolve issues to complex business problems while achieving a positive outcome.
- A drive to liaise, engage and collaborate with internal or external professionals to resolve assessments, complete analysis or to ensure positive outcomes.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including writing for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated technical competence in business analysis, projects, or operations.
- Background in business requirements analysis, business process design, operations, project delivery and/or risk management
Tertiary level qualifications in Business, Science, Engineering or Economic (desirable)
For more information or to apply, please contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: 239799