Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Business Analyst to conduct business process mapping across their corporate support areas, the collection of user requirements, and the identification, development and delivery of business and system improvements.
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with 2 x 12 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will develop the Departments understanding of Agile by engaging with business units, facilitating visioning workshops, and guiding teams using Agile methodology. The candidates should be able to undertake benefits analysis and realisation, planning and measurement and in addition to broader cost modelling exercises. Candidates must have a proven record of accomplishment in the analysis and design of successful business outcomes and strong client engagement. Candidates must be innovative thinkers, thrive in an environment of rapid change, continuous improvement and be passionate about delivering real business benefits.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to:
- Drive and manage business engagement with a focus on advocating business needs to develop improved business processes aligned with ICT systems and departmental reform.
- Produce standard analysis such as 'as-is'/'to-be' business process maps, user stories, high level requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, cost benefit analysis and benefits realisation plans
- Facilitate change management to ensure the successful adoption of new business processes and operating contexts including user documentation, training, and support
- Work closely as part of an agile project team, including the flexibility to work autonomously as a multi-disciplinary team member
- Multi-task and be familiar with a number of different intersecting projects and their respective ICT systems, business processes and broader departmental and whole of government requirements while working with a cross section of business line areas.
It is desirable if you have:
- Demonstrated experience working with a business focus with the ability to workshop concepts such as visioning, problem analysis, benefits analysis or experience working in complex ICT environments dealing with various software solutions including bespoke, off-the-shelf and cloud technology
- Demonstrated ability to assist business units prioritise in an agile method and coach the journey or demonstrated ability to translate business needs to technology solutions and vice versa.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with the project team, other business units and the client in order to facilitate collaboration using a pragmatic approach to assist business areas achieve their goals
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills including effectiveness in representation, negotiation, and liaison
- Experience in facilitating workshops to produce high quality outcomes and direction
- Extensive experience with agile project teams, with flexibility to take on various roles expected of a multidisciplinary team, experience working in agile software such as: DevOps or JIRA
- Willingness and ability to contribute to continuous improvement in line with systems, process and risk management, changes and requirements.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #237227
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.