Join an international research and education organisation on a 6-12 month contract to work on a huge variety of projects. The forcus of these projects will be corporate systems such as implementing new PPM tools, events management systems and similar projects.
You will be joining an established team within the organisation who are the go-to for Business Analysis in all things IT.
- Work closely with the ICT portfolio managers to liaise with the business on business process improvements associated with the specification of new or enhances functionality
- Able to draw upon a broad portfolio of effective practices to identify, analyse and document agreed business requirements, liaise with technical personnel to evaluate and make recommendations to management for most effective solutions
- Use effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts
- Work closely with ICT technical/development teams or vendors to ensure that captured
business requirements are effectively translated into the functional specifications
document so that an optimal solution can be delivered to the business.
- Provide regular updates to management on progress, and issues if any, against planned
- Maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- Take direction and guidance from the Project Manager and/or Team Lead in the carrying
out of duties to ensure a consistent and professional delivery of service to the business
- Adhere to the Project Management and Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
Skills & Experience:
- Must have experience working in Higher Education
- 5+ years' experience as a business analyst and 1+ years' experience in, and a passion for, agile ways of working
- Use leadership to drive the work of delivery teams and vendors to deliver outcomes
- Work closely with product owners and/or senior stakeholders across the business, managing expectations and communications
- effectively communicates in detail how features and processes work.
- Good understanding and use of methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, lean, design thinking, human-centred design, continuous improvement, test automation and others
- Proven track record in communicating requirements both verbally and through user stories, with logical and clear acceptance criteria, that are easily understood by developers, testers and stakeholders
- Can solve, and lead the solving of, strategic problems of high complexity
- Prior experience with using collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence to document and manage stories and other documentation
- Comfortable facilitating workshops, presenting, leading customer journey walkthroughs and quality reviews with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Knowledge of process mapping and flow charting
For more information or a confidential discussion, contact Nick Munro quoting: 192370 or please click the apply button.