- Large IT Consultancy
- Sydney CBD
- Extensive experience in Hadoop technologoes (Spark)
Our client, a leading consultancy, is seeking an experienced Big Data Engineer to join their Data team. This is a cloud-based environment on cutting edge projects.
- Several years Big Data (3+) and 7 + years work force experience minimum
- Solid experience on design patterns to implement strategic, tactical and operational products spanning across all disciplines of BI and Analytics including data ingestion, integration, modelling, performance acceleration, visualisation etc.
- Solid functional understanding of the Open-Source Big Data Technologies including major Hadoop projects, Kafka, NiFi, or NoSQL Databases.
- Experience working on Spark Streaming
- Preferable work experience with Hortonworks distribution and Azure cloud platform.
- Proficient with HDFS, Hive, HBase, NiFi, Kafka, Spark and SQL.
- Experience in Azure cloud platform is desirable.
- Expertise in various connectors and pipelines for batch and real-time data collection/delivery
- Database design and modelling - logical and physical
- Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of API protocols and development methodologies.
For more information and automatic review, please contact ANNA quoting reference: 202570