Our client has established a dominant presence within the telecommunications industry, they are currently seeking a Big Data Engineer on an initial contract until March 2022. In this role, you would be responsible for assisting with the development of software solutions and data engineering capabilities on Big Data technologies.
- Create high quality API's for data accessibility on the Hadoop platform that ultimately integrate with the broader environment.
- Using big data analytics techniques provide data and analytics output as required to the broader community including business partners in a manner they can understand to ensure communication and buy in.
- Designing and implementing ingest, processing and curation solution using Big data technologies
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate all issues that threaten the successful delivery of assigned initiatives.
- Utilizing open source tool sets related to the Hadoop ecosystem.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Proficiency in Scala and Java is essential.
- Must have experience working with real-time ingestion, processing, and curation of data at big data scale.
- Big Data developer experience with hortonworks or Cloudera would be beneficial.
- Fundamental knowledge of Hadoop components such as Kafka, Spark, Hive, HBase etc. is mandatory.
- Previous experience developing data pipelines using Spark.
- Past experience with NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Couchbase etc would be beneficial.
- Experience on data analytics using SparkML or other ML tools such as R is a good to have
If you're seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #239968