Big Data Architect
- Permanent role with a leading resources company
- Seeking design & development of Big Data systems
- AWS/Azure, Python, Java/Scala, SQL, NoSQL & Spark
A leading resources company based in the Perth CBD is seeking an experienced Big Data Architect with extensive experience with the design and development of big data systems utilizing technologies such as AWS/Azure, Python, Java/Scala, SQL, NoSQL & Spark.
- Design & development of Big Data systems which requires programming skills for external data ingestion, stream processing, storage optimisation, advanced analysis and reporting applications in at least one public cloud;
- Work in a team of data engineers, business analysts and web developers to build, integrate and automate highly scalable data processing, reporting systems & workflows;
- Share ownership of the definition, elaboration and completion of user stories;
- Must have programming experience in Python;
- Exposure to GitHub, CI/CD, Docker & other modern development practices;
- Cloud-based infrastructure, especially AWS;
- General architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, Data warehousing & SOA, Cloud;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written);
- Strong written documentation skills and ability to present to the business & stakeholders;
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment;
- Experience leading and working with geographically-dispersed teams;
- Previous experience working in the resources industry would be highly regarded.
If you have the skills and experience for this position, please apply now via the link below to be considered.
Contact: Madelene Kawitzki - 9423 1400 - (Job reference: 206103)