To function as a BI Engineer to own the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions in line with data management and governance standard for a well-known Insurance group.
- Own the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions in line with data management and governance standard
- Deliver high quality data driven insights for business strategy and operations
- Be a part of a Global insurer with a strong brand name in the Australian market
The primary purpose of this role is to own the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions in line with data management and governance standard to deliver high quality data driven insights for business strategy and operations.
- Engage and collaborate with IT and business leaders and their teams across divisions to understand their data related requirements and deliver BI solutions to meet identified enterprise and division specific needs
- Participate in implementation of the BI strategy in line with data management and governance controls, Company's strategic priorities and regulatory requirements
- Deliver best practice solutions to drive more effective and efficient use of technology systems.
- Identify and analyse emerging trends in Business Intelligence technology to provide input and consultation for upcoming development and enhancement initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and practices around data technology deployment and management and oversee the implementation of identified initiatives.
- Be an active member of the BI Team and collaborate and knowledge share to develop strong analytical and BI skills throught the team
- Drive innovation and fresh perspectives for the benefit of our people, our business and for the customers and communities in which we operate
- Ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of self, colleagues, contractors, and visitors by complying with the due care requirements as per WHS legislation.
- Delivery on solutions for the strategy and plan that puts the best interests of our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Risk and Compliance
- Fulfil individual risk and compliance related obligations and implement a proactive and risk-aware team culture.
Key Stakeholders and Relationships
- Project Stakeholders: Work closely with Project and Business Leaders across the organisation to drive the effective implementation of business intelligence and data technology solutions.
- Broader IT Teams: Work with IT to establish the appropriate infrastructure to enable efficient and effective usage of the enterprise data asset.
- Company's Group: Engage as required with the Company's Group management to ensure alignment to direction and standards
- Head of Business Intelligence and Data Technology: Work closely to deliver BI technology strategy
- Data Office: Work closely with the wider data office to contribute and support effective data management and governance.
- Regulators: Respond to enquiries / requests for information and reporting within delegated authority, facilitating on-site reviews, demonstrating good corporate citizenship
- Consultants and service providers: Collaborate with and govern external consultants to drive implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Significant experience in the technical delivery of large and complex BI solutions in complex hierarchical organisations.
- Very strong SQL skills and knowldege of modern BI Tools and techniques. Microstrategy is a must have but any knowledge of Cognos BI and using Python is a plus.
- Some knowledge of Scaled agile ways of working and DevOps practices.
- Experience in working in a team of BI technology professionals.
- Good experience working within Business Intelligence, Data Analytics including reporting applications.
- Knowledge of industry trends and technological developments in data management including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Data process automation and Big Data.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with audiences at all levels with clarity, impact and influence.
- Demonstrated evidence of being self-motivated, results orientated and driven to improve business processes.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to partner effectively with business stakeholders and establish strong professional relationships across the enterprise.
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and believe you are the right candidate, please contact Gian on email@example.com quoting reference 243338.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.