Our client is looking to bring on board two Data Architects who will be responsible for the Architecture, Design and oversight of data related initiatives (Data exchange or integration, data warehouse and mining, business intelligence and analytic solutions).
Client: Federal Government
Title: Data Architect
Location: Sydney CBD
Duration: 6 months + 6 months
Christmas break from 23 Dec 2017 to 2 Jan 2018
Open to Australian Citizens Only (an internal security clearance will be required after interview)
As the Data Architect, you will assist in the delivery of analytics platforms and solutions to meet critical business needs. The role will entail consulting with the Business and IT SMEs, designing and documenting data integration, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, outlining technical requirements for implementation.
- Minimum of seven years (as a guide) of experience in Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and Analytics
- Extensive experience in information and data modelling in a medium to large enterprise
- Experience with BI Tools such as Qlik / Power BI / Tableau
- Understand legacy environments, particularly Lotus Notes and ADABAS - by working with internal specialists.
- Understand Microsoft platforms - Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, SQL Server.
- Understand Evidence processing platforms NUIX and Ringtail
- Advanced knowledge of MS BI Toolset is required including: RDBMS, SQL Server, Reporting and Analytical services MS SSRS and SSAS, data integration with MS SSIS, BI Tools such as Qlik / Power BI / Tableau capabilities.
- Some exposure to Microsoft Azure analytics and associated services are desirable as are combinations of the following: Hortonworks or Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Solr, Java, Scala, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hbase, Oozie, MapR, Sqoop, Flume, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, Machine Learning, Streaming, Yarn, Zookeeper, Accumulo, advanced software development skills including C++ and Java.