Our Federal Government Client is seeking Three (3) Azure Cloud Engineers.
This is a long-term contract until 30 June 2022 with 2x12 months extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Implementing technical solutions in cloud to facilitate migration of applications;
- Designing infrastructure solutions to host applications current on-premise;
- Developing automated solutions to deploy infrastructure and applications to cloud;
- Working within DevOps practices of the wider program team;
- Inputting features and design of cloud foundations;
- Developing new standard features and automation for standard customer cloud environments;
- Contributing to Product Management practices to develop new features,
- Contributing to agile/scrum ceremonies to develop, plan, and prioritise new feature delivery;
- Maintaining and developing Infrastructure as Code for a range of different systems;
- Supporting Java applications running in a Linux environment;
- Undertaking performance tuning;
- Working in a diverse team across a wide range of different technologies and systems;
- Automating processes and building self-service capabilities;
- Delivering and building services and technologies including but not limited to Microsoft Azure;
- Leading and co-ordinating cloud development activities between relevant stakeholders and technical resources - both internal and external;
- Periodically collaborating to develop and implement operational improvements; and
- Leveraging experience with cloud native tools to review metrics and monitor the health/utilisation of agency's cloud services.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, ARM, Scripting, Bash) for end-to-end automation and deployment.
- Experience with managing and supporting Azure Infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform including PaaS services.
- Experience with Linux based environments infrastructure support and maintenance.
It is desirable if you have:
- Understanding and experience with Data pipeline comprising of both SQL and NoSQL data stores (column-store and graph databases) including administration.
- ITQSB certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and supporting Java applications in a Linux environment or experience in developing Java applications.
- Demonstrated skills and contemporary practice in Hadoop/HDInsight, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, WSO2, Nifi and Networking.
- Ability to apply the ISM to managing a PROTECTED cloud environment.
- A strong understanding of the purpose of Information systems, coupled with strong written and verbal communication.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline - Computer Science or Systems Engineering and/or demonstrated experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who currently or have the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #243547
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.